In a world that never seems to slow down, where stress and anxiety have become commonplace, the importance of mental health has never been more evident. Recognizing this need, we are excited to announce the Church Mental Health Summit, a transformative event that will take place on October 10th, 2023. This summit is a unique opportunity for your church community to come together, learn, and grow in understanding and supporting mental health.
(Note: All links are affiliate and so any purchases we do receive some compensation.)
Breaking the Stigma
Mental health is often a topic shrouded in stigma, but the Church Mental Health Summit aims to change that. We believe that mental health is just as vital as physical health and that addressing it within a supportive community can make a significant difference. This summit will encourage open and honest conversations, breaking down the barriers that have kept mental health within the Church in the shadows for far too long.
They have lined up a remarkable roster of keynote speakers who are experts in the field of mental health and spirituality. They will share their insights, wisdom, and practical advice to help us all better understand the intersection of faith and mental health. This includes:
- Dr. John Townsend – Author of the Boundaries series of books that has helped individuals, spouses, parents, and couples better engage with each other in health conflict as well as life together.
- Dr. Anita Phillips – Podcaster of In The Light podcast and author of The Garden Within.
- Kay Warren – Founder of Hope for Mental Health and a survivor of a loved one deceased by suicide.
In addition to the keynote presentations, they are offering a series of interactive workshops designed to equip attendees with practical tools and resources to support mental health in their church communities. Topics include:
- Effective Communication: How to listen and provide support to those in need.
- Mental Health First Aid: Learning to recognize the signs and offer initial assistance.
- Building Resilience: Strategies for managing stress and adversity.
The Church Mental Health Summit isn’t just a one-day event; it’s the beginning of an ongoing commitment to mental health within our church community. They will provide resources, support groups, and a dedicated helpline for anyone seeking assistance or guidance.
As they prepare to gather on October 10th, 2023, for the Church Mental Health Summit, we invite you to sign up in order to break the stigma surrounding mental health. Let us come together, learn, and grow as a supportive and compassionate community, recognizing that mental health is an essential aspect of our well-being. Together, we can find peace within and extend that peace to those around us.
Save the date and be part of this transformative journey toward better mental health for all. We look forward to seeing you there!