Depression is something that is rampant in America and a significant source for substance dependency, divorce, and suicide. We previously talked about how the disorder costs businesses billions.
- The leading cause of disability in the U.S. for ages 15 to 44.
- Major Depressive Disorder affects more than 16.1 million American adults, or about 6.7%of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year.
- While major depressive disorder can develop at any age, the median age at onset is 32.5 years old.
- Major depressive disorder is more prevalent in women than in men.
- Only 61.7% of adults with major depressive disorder are receiving treatment.
[Statistics via Anxiety and Depression Association of America]